Top Ten things to look for in a retirement development:
1. Security - is there a resident or non-resident manager? If there is a visiting manager how often and when does she/he visit. Is it easy to gain access to the development?
2. Amenities on Site - lounge, guest suite, laundry, gardens?
3. Additional Facilities - is there extra care available, within the grounds of a residential home?
4. Parking Arrangements - off road, garaging?
5. Local Facilities - are there shops, pubs restaurants, medical services nearby?
6. Environment / Area - residential area? away from roads
7. Access to shops - is there a bus stop nearby or can you easily walk in safety if not a pavement then on good ground. Is it a flat level walk? Will you be able to carry all the shopping home with you?
8. Design Layout easy access paths to properties?
9. Lease - Financial terms, service charges, restrictions, sinking fund
10. That Something Extra - a lake, a well tended garden. A river?