On-line data terms and conditions
In using this Site any Subscriber agrees to accept the Data supplied
by this Site upon the following Terms ands Conditions
- Application of Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Service all and any of
the Data accessed and/or used by the Subscriber from the Site.
- The Data
- The Data subscribed for by the Subscriber in accordance with the
terms of this Agreement is part of our central database (the "Database").
The Database is stored on and is continually amended and updated
from many third party suppliers (the "Data Suppliers") and is made
available to the Subscriber through or by use of our computer system
(the "System"). Accordingly, we reserve the right to amend or withdraw
any information and facilities that comprises the Data from time
to time at our discretion.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Data
will (subject to the other provisions) be available at all reasonable
times although there may be times when our System is undergoing
maintenance or is otherwise not available or the Data is not accessible.
We will not be liable to you in those circumstances.
- Use of the Data
- The Subscriber shall use the Data and the information within it
solely for their personal use and not for the purposes of any business.
The Subscriber shall not copy or reproduce or redistribute the Data
in machine readable form but may print out for their personal use
only one hard copy of any part of the Data.
- The Subscriber shall not otherwise than with our prior written
consent use, store, download, sell, redistribute or deal with the
Data or such information in any manner, or for any other purpose.
- The Subscriber shall be liable, notwithstanding any other remedies
we may have, to indemnify us for any loss we may suffer and/or to
reimburse us for the gain the Subscriber obtains in contravention
of this Clause.
- The Subscriber acknowledges that use of the Data requires the
Subscriber to use their own judgement in deciding whether any property
or other information comprised within the Data is suitable for their
purposes. The Subscriber shall be solely liable for all such judgements
made or actions taken.
- The Subscriber is expressly prohibited from using or redistributing
the data for the purposes of:
- Compiling an internal database;
- Commercial information redistributing or reproduction of the
same by the press or media through any commercial network, cable
or satellite system;
- Permitting or allowing the Data to infringe or otherwise prejudice
our proprietary rights or those of the Data Suppliers;
- Data Access
- Upon receipt an acceptance by us of a completed application form
(whether or not in electronic form) the Subscriber shall be entitled
to access the Data. No subscription fee is payable for subscribing
to the service.
- The Subscriber shall only be able to access the Data upon the
use of a password allocated upon subscribing to the Service.
- The Subscriber may change the Password at any time and may be
asked to verify personal details in order to facilitate a password
change. The Subscriber shall keep the password confidential and
not disclose it to any other person nor permit any other person
to access the Data using the password.
- No Agency
Any direct dealing by the Subscriber with any Data Suppliers shall take
place at the Subscriber's own risk and we shall not be liable for any
liability of any kind that the Subscriber incurs as a result of nay
such dealing. The Subscriber acknowledges that we are not acting as
the agent for any data Suppliers.
- Conditions of Subscriber to Access the Data
- The Subscriber will only use suitable and compatible computer
equipment for accessing the Data. We will use all reasonable endeavour
to prevent opportunities for viruses from being transmitted with
the Data but we cannot guarantee to prevent transmission and the
Subscriber is therefore strongly recommended to use up to date comprehensive
virus scanning software and security measures to scan transmissions
both into and (where possible) from the Subscribers computer.
- The Subscriber shall comply with all statutes and regulations
both civil and criminal in the use of the Data and the Service and
shall comply with all other rules and regulations as may be posted
by us on the website from time to time.
- The Subscriber shall provide when requested any information reasonably
requested by us including confirmation as to whether contracts for
the purchase and sale of any property detailed in the Data has been
exchanged, the identity of the purchaser and the transaction price
- Copyright, Trade Marks and Other Intellectual Property Rights
relating to the Data or the Database.
- The Subscriber acknowledges that the copyright and any of the
copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights subsisting
in or used in connection with the Data, the Database and the System
including the manner in which it is presented or appears and all
information, documentation and manuals relating thereto are our
property or the property of the Data Supplier and the Subscriber
shall not during or at any time after the expiry or termination
of the Agreement in any way question or dispute the ownership of
any such rights.
- The Subscriber shall not during or after the expiry or termination
of this Agreement, without our prior written consent or to the extent
only permitted by applicable law, abuse or permit the abuse of such
copyright or use or adopt any trade mark, trade name, or commercial
designation that includes or is similar to or may be mistaken for
the whole or any part of any trade mark, trade name or commercial
designation used by us or the Data Supplier as the case may be.
- Copyright in the Database
The Subscriber acknowledges that we have spent, and continue to
spend, considerable time and resources on the selection and arrangement
of the Database as an original intellectual creation. Accordingly,
we own copyright in the selection and arrangement of the contents
of the Database and in the electronic materials necessary for its
operation, without prejudice to the rights of the various Data Suppliers
in the contents of the Database.
- Copyright in the Contents of the Database
In addition to our copyright specified in (c) above, the Subscriber
acknowledges that we have spent considerable time and resources
to collect, collate, compile, reformat and verify the accuracy of
the contents of the Database. Accordingly, we own copyright in the
contents of the Database to the extent that the same is not the
copyright of the Data Suppliers.
- Infringement of the Database
The Subscriber undertakes not to reproduce, adapt, translate, arrange
or make available to any third party, either directly or indirectly,
any part of the Database or its contents of the which the Data forms
a part (including any electronic materials necessary for its operation)
except to the extent that and for so long as the Subscriber is expressly
permitted to do so in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Neither we, nor any of our officers, employees, contractors or
advisors accepts any responsibility for the accuracy of any information
or opinion or service provided by this site. Subscribers and other
visitors to the site are advised to take all proper independent
professional advice appropriate to their requirements and circumstances,
and it is an express condition of the use of any of the information
on this site that they shall use any such information at their own
- Unless otherwise excluded pursuant to sub-clause (a), our liability
in contract or otherwise for any direct, indirect or consequential
loss or damage (excluding death or personal injury) sustained by
the Subscriber or others directly or indirectly making use of or
arising in any way from the Data, System or Database whether arising
as a result of the Data Bureau's negligence, wilful default, misrepresentation
or other breach or breaches of its duties or obligations, shall
be limited to the sum of £10.00.
- We take the privacy of those registering on this site seriously.
We collect information about individuals and businesses when you
register as a subscriber to the site. The System also automatically
receives and records information on our server logs from your browser
including the address of your Internet Service Provider, cookie
information and the page you requested.
- We use the information to enhance the Service provided from the
site, and to contact you from time to time. We also pass on your
details to the Data Suppliers.
Information Sharing and Disclosure.
- Subject as above
- We will not sell or rent information about you or your business
- We will send information about you or your business to third
- We have your consent (express or implied from the service
we offer) to share the information
- We need to share the information because of legal or
other regulatory reasons
- Any subscriber violates the terms and conditions for
use of the site
- A cookie is a piece of data stored on the users hard drive containing
information about a user. (This avoids the need to log in or type
information such as password more than once when using the site)
- The site operators may set and access cookies on your computer.
- We take every precaution to protect your information. When Subscribers
submit sensitive information via the website, that information is
protected both online and offline.
- In submitting registration details, you enter a secure subsystem,
which encrypts the information and the information is protected
with up to date industry standard encryption software.
- We also do everything we can in our systems offline to ensure
that access to your information is protected and available to only
authorised personnel who are subject to password security. Passwords
are changed regularly.
- We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and agree
to comply with the provisions of that Act.
- Information concerning your registration will remain in our archives
after your account has terminated as specified by the Data Protection
Act 1998 for financial auditing. Thereafter it will be deleted from
Changes to the Policy
- We may amend this policy from time to time. Any material changes
to the policy will be notified by posting an announcement on the
You undertake fully and effectively to indemnify us and keep us indemnified
at all times against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, demands,
liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees
and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by us directly or indirectly
in respect of:
- The access to and/or use (other than as permitted by these Terms
and Conditions) by the Subscriber of the Data, database and System;
- Any information obtained in whole or in part from the Data, Database
- Any breach by the Subscriber of any of the provisions of these
Terms and Conditions.
Failure or neglect by us to enforce at any time any of these provisions
hereof shall not be construed nor shall be deemed to be a waiver of
our rights under these Terms and Conditions nor prejudice our rights
to take subsequent action.
- Entire Agreement and Amendments
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire understanding between
the parties hereto. Except as otherwise provided herein, no addition,
amendment or modification of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective
unless it is in writing and signed by and on behalf of us.
In the event that any or any part of these Terms and Conditions shall
be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or
enforceable to any extent such term, condition or provision shall to
that extent be severed from the remaining Terms and Conditions which
shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in all respects
in accordance with English Law.